Pepperoni is a butcher’s blend of spices for homemade pepperoni.
Also available in:
- Seasoning for 10 lbs. of meat
- Seasoning for 25 lbs. of meat
- Either lean beef or lean pork butts may be used or any combination of the two. Grind the meat through 3/16 ” plate.
- Mix the spice and cure mixture into 1 pint of water for 10# of meat or 2 1/2 # of water for 25# of meat. Pour the spice/water mixture over the meat and mix thoroughly. Stuff the mixture into 16 mm – 18 mm sheep casings for sticks or for larger pepperoni use 38 mm – 42 mm hog casings.
- Place in smokehouse and allow to dry for 1 hour, then begin smoking (optional smoke is not traditional for dry pepperoni but may be used if you like the flavor) at 125 degrees for 1 hour, then raise temperature of smokehouse to 165 degrees and continue until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Usually ships within 48 hours